Nominations in bold are who I think will win. Nominations in italics are who I want to win. Note that these are premature assumptions.
- Bowie Lam, "Sister of Pearl"
- Michael Tao, "Sister of Pearl"
- Steven Ma, "Ghost Writer"
- Bobby Au Yeung, "A Pillowcase of Mystery II"
- Wayne Lai, "No Regrets"
- Kenneth Ma, "A Fistful of Stances"
- Raymond Lam, "Mysteries of Love"
- Moses Chan, "Can't Buy Me Love"
- Felix Wong, "Gun Metal Grey
- Michael Miu, "Gun Metal Grey
Honorable Mention: Raymond Wong, "When Lanes Merge"
Comments: I've only watched two episodes of "No Regrets" so I can't speak too much of Wayne's performance. However, I think he is easily the strongest contender. There's been a lot of buzz about Steven possibly getting the award. Although he is a versatile actor, I think the role of Po Chung Ling didn't show that. His performance was solid, but not Best Actor worthy.
- Liza Wang, "OL Supreme"
- Myolie Wu, "In the Eye of the Beholder"
- Sheren Tang, "No Regrets"
- Yuen Qiu, "A Fistful of Stances"
- Esther Kwan, "The Season of Fate"
- Maggie Cheung, "Beauty Knows No Pain"
- Michelle Yim, "Beauty Knows No Pain"
- Jessica Hsuan, "Gun Metal Gray"
- Charmaine Sheh, "Can't Buy Me Love"
- Tavia Yeung, "Mysteries of Love"
Honorable Mention: Christine Ng, "The Beauty of the Game"
Comments: What I said for Wayne applies here too. Charmaine is a hot choice, but again, I don't think the performance was Best Actress worthy. "Can't Buy Me Love" was also crap, so when Charmaine wins this award again, I want it to be for a worthwhile drama.
Best Supporting Actor
- Chapman To, "OL Supreme"
- Ron Ng, "OL Supreme"
- Sunny Chan, "Ghost Writer"
- Evergreen Mak, "No Regrets"
- Raymond Wong, "No Regrets"
- Ngo Ka Nin, "No Regrets"
- Derek Kwok, "The Season of Fate"
- Power Chan, "Beauty Knows No Pain"
- Dominic Lee, "A Fistful of Stances"
- Bosco Wong, "Every Move You Make"
Honorable Mentions: Johnson Lee, "In the Eye of the Beholder"
Comments: Raymond Wong popularity has exploded this year, and he is also a hot favorite for an award this year. I support him for this award! Other than that, Chapman and Power are my two "black horse" nominees. Chapman may have an exaggerated style of comedy, but he never failed to make me laugh as "Leven." This really tells you something, as I usually hate exaggerated comedy. Power was just hilarious in "Beauty Knows No Pain" with his fun personality, random Mandarin, and chemistry with his onscreen friend/later crush/later girlfriend Joyce. My favorite male performance from the series.
Best Supporting Actress
- Denise Ho, "OL Supreme"
- Teresa Lee, "My Better Half"
- Selena Li, "A Fistful of Stances"
- Natalie Tong, "A Fistful of Stances"
- Fala Chen, "Can't Buy Me Love"
- Joyce Tang, "Beauty Knows No Pain"
- Elena Kong, "Beauty Knows No Pain"
- Nancy Wu, "No Regrets" or "Gun Metal Grey"
- Susan Tse, "No Regrets"
- Kara Hui, "No Regrets"
Honorable Mentions: N/A
Comments: Fala has improved immensely this year and has received several lovable roles. She is the top pick for Best Supporting Actress, but her previous premature win back in 2007 may hinder her chances a bit. As much as I love Fala, I still can't forget Denise's amazing and refreshing performance as "Music." She was just too fun and hilarious! I also loved Teresa, who was adorable in "My Better Half" with her clever and cute character. However, she has zero chances of winning. Here's to hoping she'll at least get nominated!
My Favorite Male Character
- Leven (Chapman To), "OL Supreme"
- Tong Bak Fu (Moses Chan), "In the Eye of the Beholder"
- Koo Yu Tong (Kenneth Ma), "A Fistful of Stances"
- Hung Yiu Sang (Michael Tao), "Sister of Pearl"
- Po Chung Ling (Steven Ma), "Ghost Writer"
- Kingsley King (Raymond Lam), "Mysteries of Love"
- Yiu Hok Sum (Bowie Lam), "Every Move You Make"
- Kam Dor Luk (Moses Chan), "Can't Buy Me Love"
- Lau Sing (Wayne Lai), "No Regrets"
- Mai On Ting (Michael Miu), "Gun Metal Grey"
Honorable Mentions: Ling Siu Kei (Ron Ng), "OL Supreme", Ho Ka Bo (Raymond Wong), "When Lanes Merge"
Comments: I've expressed my love for Leven, Koo Yu Tong, and Hung Yiu Sang in my reviews already. :) I'm puzzled as to who is actually everyone's favorite character though and who's the hot favorite, so I'll just guess Lau Sing/Wayne.
My Favorite Female Character
- Queen (Liza Wang), "OL Supreme"
- Music (Denise Ho), "OL Supreme"
- Chau Heung (Myolie Wu), "In the Eye of the Beholder" or So Fung Nei, "A Chip Off the Old Block"
- Cheng Kau Miu (Sheren Tang), "No Regrets"
- Wing Chi Ching (Selena Li), "A Fistful of Stances"
- Ying Ngan Ming (Natalie Tong), "A Fistful of Stances"
- Chui Siu Lai (Tavia Yeung), "Mysteries of Love"
- Kate Tsui (Ko Lai Sum), "When Lanes Merge"
- Chiu Yeung (Charmaine Sheh), "Can't Buy Me Love"
- Szeto Ngan Ping (Fala Chen), "Can't Buy Me Love"
- Kim Hui (Jessica Hsuan), "Gun Metal Grey"
Honorable Mentions: Miu Ling Chi (Teresa Lee), "My Better Half"
Comments: Same about Lau Sing/Wayne applies to Kau Miu/Sheren. I don't actually think they'll both take home double awards. I loved Ko Lai Sum/Kate while watching "When Lanes Merge", but the chances are extremely unlikely. I've stated my love for Music several times. I'm fond of Ngan Ping too, but not as much as Music.
Most Improved Actor
- Oscar Leung
- Him Law
- Stephen Huynh
- Vincent Wong
- Lai Lok Yi
Comments: It's been a slow year for the Most Improved categories this year! Oscar Leung is the most deserving and will probably win. Typically people nominated for this award have been in several series that year but since Koni was nominated for a three episode guest appearance, I figured "what the heck, just nominate Him." Stephen Huynh's been in a lot of series lately and his acting has improved. I've heard Vincent is doing well in "Gun Metal Grey" and has a decent character. As for Lai Lok Yi, he's just a filler. He did decently in "Every Move You Make".
Most Improved Actress
- Elaine Yiu
- Natalie Tong
- Mandy Wong
- Selena Li
- Sharon Chan
Comments: Mandy may still be considered a newcomer depending on your point of view but I think she's a great young actress. Natalie gained popularity for her role and performance in "A Fistful of Stances" so she has the highest chances. Elaine has been improving lately too. I feel like Selena is nominated every stinkin' year (and never wins), so I thought TVB would probably just nominate her again. Poor Sharon will probably be nominated and dumped again.
- No Regrets
Comments: It's not rocket science folks. Superb acting and script. I haven't watched it, but it's been getting overwhelmingly positive response. Unless TVB acts stupid again and gives it to "Can't Buy Me Love", "No Regrets" is very likely to take "Best Drama" home.