Lai Lok Yi - Emperor
We were all tricked into thinking Lai Lok Yi would be part of the Beholder cast as a major supporting (and I was hoping he'd pair up with Elaine again). Turns out he is not more than a guest appearance, and I certainly don't mind. Lai Lok Yi isn't the worst actor in the world, but he does not look or have the ability to act like an emperor at all.
- Tong Bak Fu disguising as servant Wah On to try to court Chau Heung
- Watching Ting Yuk and Bak Fu argue and try to outsmart the other
- Seeing Ting Yuk slowly mature through out the second half of the series
- Bak Fu always being able to come up with a plan to any problem he's in
- Tong Bak Fu and Chau Heung's scenes
The ending for Ting Yuk was very fitting and I really liked it. On the other hand, the last two minutes just made me go 'WHAT?' The tropical island scene with Moses, Myolie, and Johnson was totally lame. Johnson, however, makes a very realistic (and rather pretty!) girl.
Recommended? Yes! It is a very enjoyable comedy and the script doesn't feel as silly as Chip. The whole series is entertaining and will make you laugh, smile, and so much more. Don't give it a miss!
Rating: 4 1/4 stars